The Centers for Disease Control reports that in 2013, more than 12,000 Baby Boomers died of accidental drug overdoses – more than the number who died in car accidents or from influenza and pneumonia. Also reported is that 59% of accidental deaths of older adults occur from non-narcotic drugs.
You can support our prevention efforts in a number of ways:
- Attend our meetings
- Distribute educational materials to your family, friends, social club, or professional staff
- Identify presentation opportunities with older adults, staff or caregivers
- Promote BeMedSmart in social media opportunities within professional organizations
- Engage in planning, data collection and networking
Our coalition can offer benefits for your organization, agency or health care service
- Resources for you and your clients/consumers/members
- Presentations for your staff/volunteers/members
- Representation on prevention issues at the local and state level
- Regular news and updates about state, regional and national efforts
- Connections to amazing people!
- Recognition on the BeMedSmart website
BeMedSmart Coalition meetings
Once a month on the 4th Wednesday, except for November and December which occur on the 3rd Wednesday to avoid conflicting with the holidays.
3:00 PM to 4:30 PM
Ward 3 City Council office, 1510 East Grant Road
2020 Meeting Schedule – no RSVP required, please join us for any meetings.
January 29 , 2020
February 26, 2020
March 25, 2020
April 22 , 2020
May 27, 2020
June 24, 2020
July – No meeting
August 26, 2020
September 23, 2020
October 28, 2020
December 16, 2020
For more information on the BeMedSmart Coalition or the PCOA initiative, please contact
Gertha Sicobo at 520-305-3425 or gsicobo(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)pcoa.org.