The Centers for Disease Control reports that in 2013, more than 12,000 Baby Boomers died of accidental drug overdoses – more than the number who died in car accidents or from influenza and pneumonia. Also reported is that 59% of accidental deaths of older adults occur from non-narcotic drugs.
You can support our prevention efforts in a number of ways:
- Attend our meetings
- Distribute educational materials to your family, friends, social club, or professional staff
- Identify presentation opportunities with older adults, staff or caregivers
- Promote BeMedSmart in social media opportunities within professional organizations
- Engage in planning, data collection and networking
Our coalition can offer benefits for your organization, agency or health care service
- Resources for you and your clients/consumers/members
- Presentations for your staff/volunteers/members
- Representation on prevention issues at the local and state level
- Regular news and updates about state, regional and national efforts
- Connections to amazing people!
- Recognition on the BeMedSmart website
BeMedSmart Coalition meetings
Once a month on the 4th Wednesday, except for November and December which occur on the 3rd Wednesday to avoid conflicting with the holidays.
3:00 PM to 4:30 PM
Important meeting location update: Due to COVID-19 Stay – at- Home Order and to prevent the spread of infection we are conducting our meetings virtually via ZOOM. If you would like to attend, please email gsicobo(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)pcoa.org or call 520-305-3425 for a Zoom link to the virtual meeting.
2021 Meeting Schedule – no RSVP required, please join us for any meetings.
January 27, 2021
February 24, 2021
March 24, 2021
April 28, 2021
May 26, 2021
June 23, 2021
July 28, 2021
August 25, 2021
September 22, 2021
October 27, 2021
December 15, 2021
For more information on the BeMedSmart Coalition or the PCOA initiative, please contact
Gertha Sicobo at 520-305-3425 or gsicobo(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)pcoa.org.