The Centers for Disease Control reports that in 2013, more than 12,000 Baby Boomers died of accidental drug overdoses – more than the number who died in car accidents or from influenza and pneumonia. Also reported is that 59% of accidental deaths of older adults occur from non-narcotic drugs.
You can support our prevention efforts in a number of ways:
- Attend our meetings
- Distribute educational materials to your family, friends, social club, or professional staff
- Identify presentation opportunities with older adults, staff or caregivers
- Promote BeMedSmart in social media opportunities within professional organizations
- Engage in planning, data collection and networking
Our coalition can offer benefits for your organization, agency or health care service
- Resources for you and your clients/consumers/members
- Presentations for your staff/volunteers/members
- Representation on prevention issues at the local and state level
- Regular news and updates about state, regional and national efforts
- Connections to amazing people!
- Recognition on the BeMedSmart website
BeMedSmart Coalition meetings
Once a month on the 4th Wednesday, except for November and December which occur on the 3rd Wednesday to avoid conflicting with the holidays.
3:00 PM to 4:30 PM
Ward 3 City Council office, 1510 East Grant Road
2018 Meeting Schedule – no RSVP required, please join us for any meetings.
July 2018 – No Meeting
August 22, 2018
September 26, 2018
October 24, 2018
November 28, 2018
December 19, 2018
For more information on the BeMedSmart Coalition or the PCOA initiative, please contact
Gertha Sicobo at 520-305-3425 or gsicobo(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)pcoa.org.